Who Else Can Help?

Time2Share work closely with various other agencies within the Local Authority Area, and the wider Social Care arena. Parents are often bewildered upon diagnosis of who might be able to help with various issues and problems that happen along the journey of a child having a learning difficulty.

Family Fund
Annual awards grants
Family Fund

The UK’s largest provider of grants to low-income families raising disabled and seriously ill children and young people. We help ease the additional pressures families face. We can help with essential items such as washing machines, fridges and clothing but can also consider grants for sensory toys, computers and much needed family breaks together.

Carers Breaks / Young Carers / Face to Face / Counselling

In Bristol The Carers Centre is an excellent resource:
carerssupportcentre.org.uk or via the Carers Support Line on 0117 965 2200

In B&NES The Carers centre can be found at:
banescarerscentre.org.uk or via telephone on 0800 0388 885

Combe Down Holiday Trust
Email: ro@cdht.org.uk
Website: cdht.org.uk
Telephone : 01225 837181
Help fund holidays for disabled children and adults.
Children must live in BANES and be aged up to 19 years old and have a diagnosed disability.
Also help and advice with finding suitable holidays

Other useful links:

Skybadger for disabled children information and resources

B&NES Family Information Service for Parents/Carers find out What’s On, support on offer and a multitude of other services.

Independence at Home Independence at Home is a charity that provides grants to people of all ages who have a physical or learning disability or long term illness and who are in financial need.

Anti Bullying Alliance For further advice and support if your child is being bullied either at school or in another environment.